Neil Gerrard, a partner at Dechert LLP, announced his decision to leave the firm on October 20th. Neil Gerrard has been with the firm for over 10 years and is leaving due to personal reasons. “It was not an easy decision but it’s one I have made,” Neil Gerrard said in an interview. He will be assisting clients during his transition period before officially retiring from the law industry this winter. Dechert LLP, founded in Philadelphia in 1954 by David C. Herrmann Jr., specializes in corporate law and litigation services delivered through its two business units:
Corporate Law Group and Litigation Group. Since the beginning and up to now, the Corporate Law Group provides legal counsel on mergers & acquisitions, capital markets transactions, commercial agreements (including joint ventures), corporate restructurings, and other transactional matters. The Litigation Group offers representation in high-stakes litigation for both domestic and international clients. Neil Gerrard explains how Dechert LLP has expanded to have offices in Beijing, Boston, Chicago, Delaware (United States), Frankfurt/Mainz (Germany), Hong Kong SAR China, London, New York City, Philadelphia, Shanghai.
Pudong New Area (China) and Washington D.C. The firm specializes in the following areas (Comparably):
- Administrative & Public Law
- Antitrust Litigation & Regulation
- Appellate Practice
- Banking & Finance
- Brand Management
- Capital Markets / M&A – Domestic and Cross-Border Transactions for U.S. European and Asian clients across a range of industries including Financial Institutions/Services | Life Sciences | Technology Media & Telecommunications (TMT) | Consumer & Retail
- Neil Gerrard also specialized on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Internal Investigations
- Cybersecurity Law – International Data Breach Laws/Regulations – Incident Response Assistance, GDPR Enforcement Notices Fines, etc.
- Economic Sanctions – Export Controls / OFAC-related matters
- Education Law & Policy Matters – Institutional Reforms for Public Schools in Philadelphia, Charter School Legislation Advocacy at the State House of Representatives and City Council.